Wed, Nov 02|
Dia de Los Muertos - Day of The Dead Celebration (VIRTUAL)
Join us in honoring the Dead, our ancestors, and what has been. We'll share personal stories of loss, of loved ones gone, of our ancestors. We'll remember the long cycles of life; birth, life, death and rebirth. We'll create a beautiful altar together as we gather around a fire in our 13 Moons Tipi.
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
About the Event
It's the Day of the Dead, Dia de Los Muertos. Join us in honoring the Dead, the ancestors, and what has been. We'll share personal stories of loss, of loved ones gone, of our ancestors. We'll remember the long cycles of life; birth, life, death and rebirth.
We'll be creating a beautiful altar together as we gather around a central fire in our 13 Moons tipi. We'll speak openly from the heart and allow the portal of ceremony time to help us let go, shed our skin and return to our lives renewed and transformed. We'll invoke ancestral wisdom and sing and stir the cauldron together, making medicine from the stuff of our lives.
Dress comfortably and in layers, in the colors of the season, or as your favorite witch, hag or wise womxn.
- a candle
- photos of loved ones passed or old relationships that have come and gone (this can include an old relationship with yourself)
- flowers, especially marigolds or flower petals or fall leaves
- any other altar items; crystals, chocolate, shells, honey, etc
- water from your home place in a small container
- medicinal herbs to burn in your own home place and a glass of water
- your own cushion and a blanket
- a rattle or shaker if you have one
- colors of the season are russet, gold, orange and purple
Through any great revolution or transition, we must come together to Source and Nourish ourselves. In the presence and energy of the circle of the feminine. To sing and to pray. To listen and to share. To be a witness and to witness.
Our prayer is to connect and share from the heart, re-sourcing ourselves through our togetherness.
There's room for 18 of us around the fire and many many more through the ethers of our shared Zoom room.
Invite any friends of a feminine persuasion; daughters, sisters, aunties and grandmas too.
Some suggestions on using Zoom:
- have your video on and plan on being fully present with us
- it's preferable if you can join with a computer
- Consider your background space and how you are beautifying the collective space, have an altar space ready to decorate with us
Pay what you want
Pay what you want0